What makes this product different:
- Zone3 are the original inventors of this product in 2008.
- They have since been used and loved by thousands of swimmers all over the world to help improve their swim technique and speed.
- Designed as an alternative to a pull buoy and give a more natural feeling whilst swimming
- Enhanced core support to aid with technique development.
- New comfort focused waistband
The Buoyancy Shorts were first developed by Zone3 back in 2007. As the original inventors of this product, Zone3 thought it was appropriate this design 'The Originals'. They now have over a decade of fantastic customer reviews behind them and have helped many thousands of swimmers to improve both their body position in the water and swim technique.
‘The Originals’ are made from top quality Yamamoto smoothskin neoprene and are stitched and bonded just the same as a triathlon wetsuit. The shorts are designed using 3mm neoprene down the centre and 5mm neoprene down the sides. The 3mm provides the additional buoyancy whilst the 5mm side panels complement this by promoting hip rotation through each stroke.
The shorts serve three main purposes:
This product has received hundreds of positive reviews from swimmers who have seen significant improvements in body position, speed and endurance by training with buoyancy shorts. Despite the great feeling they give a swimmer in the water it's best to only use these shorts during certain swim sets rather than the full session. Intended to be worn over your usual swimwear.
Sizes available are XS, S, M, L and XL. Each set of shorts has a drawstring so they can be tightened to any waist size but we would recommend the size XS for waist sizes 26– 28, S for 30-32, M for 32 – 34, L for 34 – 36 and XL 36-38.